Thursday, July 2, 2020

Blog Comeback



Since I have been absent from this blogging scene from so long I thought that my comeback post should start from something divine. Hence posting this picture of Lord Buddha. Cats are complimentary with the picture though. I may not be a religious person but I feel that we all need some divine intervention at this time of pandemic. So posting this picture of my painting and praying that may lord Buddha bless us with some peace and good health. 


This is an old mixed media work. I started off with acrylics but midway through I began to feel the pressure of not getting the right finishing. Hence i started using oils and it was probably a very good idea as the oils provided a good texture to an otherwise flat canvas. Half of this painting is acrylics and the Buddha part and the writing parts are all oils.


The blues and the oranges are a perfect combination and they bring out the best in each in this work I feel. What do you think of this work of mine? Please do comment and share your opinions below.




Add caption

















No comments:

Here and There - Series

This series of works were done in late 2016 and 2017. This is also a series which I like to revisit once in a while and I have been trying t...