Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Stone to Photo Frame

Hello!!!!!
Yesterday I was just experimenting with paper, watercolor and nail paint ... and my daughter who was sitting beside me and watching me said, Mom!! When I grow up, I want to be like you.... Create things like you do...
It was such a simple sentence and yet it makes all the difference to me.... She has always admired her friends' mothers who work and often asked me why I don't go and work in an office....
Occasionally when I go out and teach in any summer camps or art workshops she is more thrilled than me .... coz she wants me to go out and work like her fiends mothers.... So when she said this yesterday, you can imagine how happy I am :) :) :)
She may want to be something else tomorrow and day after tomorrow she may want to become something else.... But I will never forget what she said to me  :)

And now coming to today's post.... My inspiration is here. As soon as I saw this , I wanted to do it...



All you will need is a stone and wire.... paint is optional...












I am soo loving this... Next time I am going to do the same using a bigger rock and am going to keep it natural and yes... a family album should fit in it.... so I guess it should be a tree instead of a branch..... I am getting soo many ideas.... see ya ...bye...



Linking it to Lulupu's challenge This used to be.........

1 comment:

Dr Sonia S V said...

This is super creative Deepthi ! When I was young I had a very hard working mom[ my mom was a doctor] and I didnt want her to go to work at all!! Being a working mother myself I try to be with my kiddo when she comes back from school[ have stopped evening practice for her!]Your daughter is very lucky to have you with her!

Here and There - Series

This series of works were done in late 2016 and 2017. This is also a series which I like to revisit once in a while and I have been trying t...